Passion is the Essence of MarketingSeptember 21, 2012
Craft A Company Narrative – The Story Of YouOctober 18, 2012
I didn’t create these, they are from the Direct Mail Media Pack(r) although what is between the ( )’s are mine
- Results are directly measurable
- You speak to somebody, not everybody, reducing waste
- You can vary the message to suit the recipient (through personalization)
- You can do a complete selling job – even for complex products (and services)
- Direct mail is a private medium
- It can build a brand – on its own or with other media
- Direct mail can act as your sales force
- Direct mail can increase (customer) loyalty
- Direct Mail creates a positive message for a brand or company
Some more thoughts on direct mail from me
- Direct mail is not wasteful. regardless of what the PR from the email marketing industry tells you. The way paper is made, you are considering the environment when you use paper to market.
- Direct mail can be a very effective bridge, supplement or gateway to other marketing channels.
- When direct mail doesn’t work it is not done correctly.
- Direct mail can be a waste if you don’t understand how it works.
- The ROI on direct mail is amazing if you understand or hire someone who understands how it works.