How to Adjust Your Marketing During a PandemicMarch 3, 2021
5 Essentials of an Effective Marketing BrochureMarch 24, 2021
Having followers or fans engage with your content on social media platforms is vital to your page’s overall success. Increased engagement not only helps place your company in front of a wider audience but also helps to build a more substantial feeling of value in your target audience. And a valued target audience is significantly more loyal and more likely to give your company repeat business.
Although there are many ways to increase engagement metrics (likes, shares, comments) on social media, the easiest way is by asking questions. While it may seem a little too obvious, asking questions is sure to get responses. The number of responses will increase as your pages gain more followers or fans on individual channels.
There are plenty of questions you can ask your audience, although it is best to ask no more than one or two per day. Posting too much on any one account, in general, can lead to people unfollowing your account because they feel they’re being spammed. Questions don’t have to be directly related to your company. Below are 25 examples of questions you can ask your social media followers to help increase engagement.
There are many questions you can ask which pertain to your business. To use the questions listed, insert your company or product name in the appropriate blanks.
1. How did you hear about our company?
2. Which do you prefer, [Product A] or [Product B]?
3. What is your favorite product (or service) our company offers?
4. If you could choose only one to win, which would it be? (Offer options in text or image form.)
5. How long have you been our customer?
6. What one thing do you like best about our company?
7. What one thing do you wish our company would change?
8. What one product (or service) do you wish our company offered?
Asking questions can serve a benefit secondary to producing higher engagement metrics. They can also help your company better define your target audience. The following questions are examples of such questions.
9. Where did you go to college?
10. What year did you graduate high school? (This question helps define an age.)
11. How many pets do you have? (You can also ask followers to post emojis of their pets instead.)
12. How many children do you have? (You can also ask followers to post emojis of their families instead.)
13. What state do you originally hail from, and where are you now?
14. Did you grow up in an urban, suburban, or rural area?
Just For Fun Questions
Social media can be a great place to ask questions of your followers just for the fun of it. The following are a few ideas of questions which can be asked just for fun.
15. What’s your favorite animal?
16. What’s your favorite sweet treat? (Can be made holiday-specific, also.)
17. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
18. Could you honestly survive a month in a cabin with no connection to the outside world?
19. What weird talent do you possess?
20. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what three items or people would you bring?
21. What is your favorite season and why?
22. What is your fondest memory of your childhood?
23. How long have you and your best friend known each other?
24. You’re given $100,000 but you have to spend it all within 24 hours. What are you buying?
25. What movie(s) have you watched more than three times?
Your imagination is the limit as to what questions could be asked, but keep in mind that questions need to be relevant in some form (whether to your industry, company, or defined target audience). The questions listed above are a great place to start and can serve as a resource moving forward in your company’s goal to garner more likes, comments, and shares on social media.