Quark: Collect For Output
Your File. Our Expertise.
When you pack a publication to take to a commercial printer, the Pack and Go Wizard saves your publication as a compressed file and as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file.
A commercial printer can use a PDF file to print your finished publication, provided it needs little or no correction. If you find errors after you hand off the publication to the commercial printing service, the commercial printer can make limited changes to the PDF file. For example, a commercial printer can correct pictures but not text or fonts. The compressed file that the Pack and Go Wizard produces includes all files that the printer needs to make changes and produce the final files for printing.
When you use the Pack and Go Wizard to save your publication as a compressed file, the wizard does the following:
- Runs the Design Checker to detect any problems and helps you correct them.
- Updates the links to linked graphics.
- Includes the linked graphics files in the packed publication.
- Embeds TrueType fonts in your publication.
- Creates a list of any fonts that the wizard can’t embed.
- Creates a report of any problems with linked graphics.
- Gives you the option to print a composite proof.
Pack your publication by using the Pack and Go Wizard
(Based on Microsoft Publisher 2007)
- Save Your File
- Click File > Pack and Go > Take to a Commercial Printer
- A wizard will open
- Select Commercial Press from the pull down menu.
- Fix items in the Select an item to fix area
- Convert publication to another color mode, Process Colors or Process Colors plus spot colors.
- Near the bottom of the wizard under Export click Create a PDF and Copy the Publication in a .pub file checkboxes
- Click Save in the Export area
- Select Location and click Save
- Print a composite proof if you desire
- Proof the .pdf file that was created. (It is inside the .zip file that was just created)
- Email or upload the .zip file