How To Get Your Emails ReadSeptember 15, 2014
How To Successfully Use Email MarketingDecember 13, 2014
Here is an interesting fact that you need to know if you have a website.
No one wants to wait for information when searching the web. As web users we are all very, very impatient and it translates into our behavior off-line.
- There are over 3 Billion Google searches every day. 34,000 questions are answered every second.
- Google found that by slowing search results down by a mere 4/10ths of a second that the average number of searches was reduced by 8 million a day.
- 1 in 4 people will abandon a web page that takes more than 4 seconds to load. That number goes up as load times increase.
- Half of those using the web on a mobile device will leave a page that does not load in 10 seconds. 3 out of 5 of those people will never return to that website.
- 40% of mobile shoppers will abandon an e-commerce website if a pages doesn’t load in 3 seconds.
- 1 in 4 people in the US only browse the web with their phones and do not use a tablet, laptop or desktop computer to access the internet.
- Almost 80% of individuals using their phones to access the web use it for shopping.
- Amazon could lose up to $1.6 billion per year because of a 1 second delay in a page loading.
How this affects our behavior off-line
(From a USA Today survey)
- The majority of Americans will not wait in line for more than 15 minutes.
- Half of Americans will not return to an establishment that kept them waiting.
- 20% of Americans admit to being rude to someone who served them too slowly.
All of this happens because your website loads too slowly. Do the world a favor, check your website speed and do something about it if it is slow.